Originally Posted by Fldoghunter
Originally Posted by RiverWood
“Trophy Club” means a lot of different things from 200 ac/hunter shooting only 8 pts or better, up to 500-1000 acs/hunter with no guest policy shooting only 5+ year old deer. I’ve always been curious if there is a market for that premium “Trophy Club”. I’m talking several thousand acs 50% managed open pines burned on regular schedule, 20% hardwood drains, 20% ag fields planted to beans and corn, 10% planted in green fields. Premium enclosed heated stands with well maintained gravel road systems where you can drive a two wheel drive golf cart across entire property. This would have to be very exclusive probably catering to out of state hunters. All they do is show up and hunt. Planting, maintenance, lodge, etc included. Limited to 1 hunter/500 acs with no guest or a $500/day guest fee. Limit 2 bucks/season. Dues would probably have to be in the $25K range. I know that this is not for everyone but I think there is a market.

I know of a club in Fl where its 18k just to deer hunt and 22k if they want to Turkey hunt too. Its prime property 30 min from Tampa. I guess it's worth it for the doctors and lawyers who hunt it to be able to hunt local. If everything is perfect, including location, I bet someone would pay it.

Eff that.

Dr. B

AKA: “Dr. B”
Aldeer #121
8-3-2000
Proud alum of AUM, UAB, and UA
Member of Team 10 Point
2023-2024 ALdeer Deer Contest Winners

Glennis Jerome "Jerry" Harris
1938-2017
UGA Class of 1960
BS/MS Forestry