Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Most GWs north of bham I have ran into are all really good. MOST. But there's one in Morgan co who is a low down sorry excuse of a person. Seems like these run ins occur more in S bama these days

I've only met 3 GWs in the years we've been hunting in Alabama. 2 was at the place we had by Georgiana and they stopped by the camp to ask us if we had seen some dog hunters hunting on the road. They were super nice guys. They even sat with us and had a cup of coffee. The other was at our place in Monroe co. Someone shot a deer on our place from the co. road and I called for a GW. This was on a Friday. He showed up the Monday morning. He apparently wasn't working that weekend. He was also a great guy and asked lots of questions and really acted like he wanted to help us but I told him he would never find the ones who did it. He laughed and said I was probably right. One of my buddies and his daughter was checked one time as they were parked by one of our gates. They checked their licenses and went on their way. Can't complain about them. Just not enough of them. I also think there is some BS in this story but I wasn't there so...

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.