Originally Posted by BhamFred
haha, chickens...

I'd tell Montgomery to get their heads out of their ass and make positive changes to the laws pertaining to hunting hogs. Make hog hunting easier, less restrictions, etc. Don't tell me we have way too many destructive hogs and then restrict the hell out of hog hunting.

Next......

Get rid of the CAB. We're paying professionals who are suppose to know what they're doing. Get out of their way and let them do it. If they're not capable, replace them. I don't need political appointees who can afford private leases in Texas making decisions about Alabama hunting, claiming to be representative of the state's hunters. (I don't have a problem with them having the leases. More power to them. They just aren't having to hunt the way the typical Alabamian has to hunt.) We also don't need political appointee's allowing themselves to be used to get unpopular decisions made into law. Part of hiring professionals and letting them do what we pay them to do can sometimes include having to accept things we don't like. If the study's show we need antler restrictions, shorter turkey season or reduced limits, they need to put it out there and back it up.

And there are several areas the whole "make it easier, not harder" concept comes into play. Some have already been mentioned, i.e. trapping and other predator management, hunting WMA's, etc.