Well last year I tagged out on Dec 15th and this year I did it a day earlier 😀 I’m not trying to finish early but when a 3 year old 8 point walks by on the WMA..... fire away!!!!
I killed him at 7:10 this morning and he’s my 3rd public land buck this season. I almost didn’t go this morning but set my clock and checked the radar at 4am. I figured it wasn’t going to rain to heavy so I headed out. I was sitting in a hot spot but was cold and wet and beginning to question my sanity when I heard a stick pop to my right. I turned to see the buck walking from my right to left in a little draw. He stopped to work a rub and I got a good look at him and decided he was a shooter. I squeezed one off and he didn’t go 30-40 yards and fell within sight. The little 243 with 85 grain TTSX is deadly combo.
It’s been another amazing deer season and I give all the glory to the Lord. I’m so thankful to be able to enjoy the outdoors on our states public lands. It’s was a little bittersweet as I sat there by the buck and took it all in but I’ve still got some more fun left to be had this season with a bonus buck hunt coming up and a guys trip to Lowndes in January where I guess I’ll hunt pigs and be the camp cook 😀
I’m on vacation for the the next 12 days so yall keep the LFTTs fresh and kill some big ones. I’ll be drinking coffee with my feet up by the fire. I’m pulling for y’all!
By the way, I’m not trying to look tough in my pic. I had to take pics by myself, set the camera on burst mode so it caught me looking serious 😂

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Job 33:4