Originally Posted by marshmud991
Originally Posted by Bull64
Originally Posted by Goatkiller

The good ole days have come and gone unless everything up north is locked up this is getting harder and harder as each year passes. We use to have holes we could shoot every day for 40 years and in the past 10 it has gotten tougher every year.

This...

I've been saying this. When I was growing up we killed more ducks and geese in our back yard than most people see in a lifetime. I live right in the transition from marsh to rice fields. I'm surrounded by some of the best duck habitat in the state of Louisiana. The hunting has been getting worse and worse for the last 15yrs or so. Our farm is 6k acres and the landowners work and flood no less that 1k acres plus they flood most of the rice stubble and don't hunt it, just trying to hold birds. 20yrs ago you wouldn't be able to stand it around those field because they would stink so bad because of all the ducks a geese in them. I saw decent groups of teal and pintail twice so far this winter. They were there one day and gone the next. I don't know what is happening but I don't like it. Lots of guys I know are telling me they are not renewing their leases because it's not worth it. The sad part is my kids love to hunt and I want nothing more than to take them hunting but like they said, they done want to go out and just watch the grass move. I really hope they make a come back so they can experience some of what we did growing up.

Do you think that more people up North are managing for waterfowl now and the birds are staying until they are absolutely frozen out?