Originally Posted by timbercruiser
You can't set your clock or calendar with logging crews moving. Weather, mill demands, lack of truck drivers, mechanical delays and a bunch of other things make a difference in when a crew is moving. The forester over the tract is the best contact and they often can't tell you a lot. Talk about sabotage to a loggers equipment should be enough to get somebody kicked out of a club and banned from any hunting lease.

who said to talk about it? in general companies are responsible for their employees behavior if they tear my stuff up and then deny it it can go both ways. its not difficult to cut the strap and lay a stand down as opposed to just letting it fall with the tree now a game camera i can see getting looked over but when they purposely tear up a stand that is BS. most of the loggers ive dealt with are good and will allow you to mark a few trees to leave for stand location, not cut the trees your stands are on or if they do leave them on the ground intact. some are assholes and will tear your stuff up on purpose if the dont steal it and will have 1 or 2 workers that show up early every morning to "hunt" land they are only supposed to be cutting what really pisses me off is theyll cut the tree with the stand on it then leave the tree on the ground with stand still attached wont even harvest the timber screw em

Last edited by GKelly; 12/02/18 10:00 AM.