Originally Posted by joshm28
Matt and Jeremy both are doing everything they can to educate the public, IMO. I know Matt does his job and tries to stay out of the “politics” associated with his employer. I do however think the population is lower than was estimated all these years. There are pockets with a high enough density to support mass doe killings. There are other pockets where 2 does killed per 500 acres would be TOO much (guess which pocket I’m in).

We know for a fact GC is not being used by everyone. We even have some members here that brag about not participating. But I don’t know of any way to get a solid data point for how many deer are actually killed.

I’ve said it before but if the processors were REQUIRED to submit their annual numbers (buck and doe) we could get a pretty accurate count. It would probably be within 10% of the actual number.

If I was in charge this is what I would do BEFORE making any other changes to GC. And don’t tell me that’s more government regulation we don’t need. Their job is to “conserve natural resources” and 90% of the processors could spit that number out in a matter of seconds

It's not the processor's job. And requiring them to do so, could have a negative impact on their business. The last thing we need is more state government regulations on small business.

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.