It’s hard to say anything for sure in a situation like this….There’s varying degrees of damage with shots like these from grazing hits to completely blown up legs. If you’ve found bone though then there’s a good chance that you’ve disabled him in that leg.

It doesn’t stand a good chance in that area though from my experience…..There is so much prime managed understory on a large scale around there that it produces a very vibrant ecosystem. That’s why there’s so many deer. However, there’s a yin and yang to so much quality habitat….along with a vibrant prey population comes a vibrant predator population too. Lots of food for them to survive on with all that prime understory….. It’s very common for the deer we find in that area that are left over night to already be partially eaten the next morning. We find them eaten in other less prime areas too but it almost seems to be a given in the really good habitat areas. I can think of numerous ones that we’ve found around there and many have been eaten on the next morning…It’s prevalent enough to be a pretty obvious pattern….…I attribute it to a high yote density.

This was a back leg hit from that general area of the world….…..This was around 9:30 the next morning.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CNC; 11/13/18 12:45 PM.

We dont rent pigs