Originally Posted by Remington270

It surprises me more folks don't do this.

I’d be willing to bet that the vast majority of people have always just went and got their deer if it went across the line. Some folks may disagree but that’s really the common-sense approach when we’re talking about a deer that probably only ran 100 yards in most cases. That’s what I’d tell someone to do of they were my neighbor and I’d hope they’d say the same thing. Bringing in a tracking dog is a little different though…..we may go 100 more yards or we may go 2 miles. We may disturb very little or we may walk all over a place.

There’s a good number of folks who know their neighbors when I go out and track but I’d say 7 out of 10 don’t. Take to the time to get their info now…..before you blow that one’s leg off opening day! grin Like I was saying, even if you don’t need to call in a dog this year….it may just be a good way to get to know your neighbors. It's probably a lot better way of breaking the ice than badgering them over what they’re shooting or where they have their stands placed. grin

Last edited by CNC; 11/09/18 11:02 AM.

We dont rent pigs