Originally Posted by jawbone
Originally Posted by centralala
Originally Posted by jawbone
Gentlemen, I got an email from our ex member 49er who is following the updated thread and had an interesting observation of the Lowndes County judge. I copied and pasted the email verbatim in tribute to 49er. I also know George Elijah. His late father was one of the founders of the Southern Sportsman Lodge in Lowndes County. I'm sure the current owners of the lodge aren't happy about this. Since there is only one District Judge, August65 has to be the one in this case too. The email follows:

I noticed that the thread I was participating in when I got banned from Skinny's forum has been resurrected. You may be interested to know that Lowndes County Dist. Judge Adrian Johnson is likely the Lowndes County judge involved and mentioned in more recent cases that were discussed in the Alabama Enforcement Officers Association magazine.

Read (and share if you choose) the article entitled "Canned Hunts are Illegal in Alabama" on pages 25-26 at the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11UbR-VLGjJeoc1nszXgniCg7aNclO7uM/view

The game wardens involved in the cases were left with a bitter taste in their mouths due to the judge's extremely lenient treatment of the violators. The pitiful part of this is that both Circuit Judge Terri Lovell and District Judge Adrian Johnson are up for re-election and both are unopposed. Maybe we can make some changes on the Criminal Court of Appeals if we find we have a better candidate to vote for.

Good hunting,
Eddie

I'm not sure I understand what I'm reading here. Rusty and the judge were friends. This article is criticizing the judge. Rusty's wife is the editor of the magazine.

This case had nothing to do with Rusty. Just the judge and his pen deer shooting friends. The Judge seems to be spreading himself too thin these days.

Yea, what I was saying is it Rusty and the judge were good friends she certainly didn't try to block the article to protect her husband's friend.

And I didn't know Pinson had died.