Originally Posted by capehorn24
In one of the recently quoted post from the judge, he made the commit about the boys not defending their position. I know it is up to the state to prove their case of guilt, not the defendant to prove that they are not guilty, I get it. But if you are innocent what does it hurt to try to clear your name, when in this case you are 100% certain you are innocent? It always appears to me that by not defending your self you give the appearance hiding something,

Asking some of our legal minds is it a good or bad idea to take the stand, giving the circumstances?

What about this case looking from the outside?

I would say, in this case, the boys were guilty "of something" and anything they said to prove innocence, in this case, would have been otherwise incriminating. In other words, they very likely did shoot at something, out the truck window, from a public road, at night.
However, that is all completely irrelevant when the burden of proof falls on the prosecution and there's zero evidence of any guilt. The kids had no reason or obligation to prove anything.

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.