Just spent the weekend planting the old pasture I'm dealing with at the new place. I don't have the equipment to do it but if I had the option, I would take a turning plow and flip it all over one time just to get started. I'm dealing with the exact opposite situation than what most folks are facing who are trying to convert to this method. Most people I see have far too little biomass due to years of poor management practices and harsh soil conditions. In the new field I'm dealing with I've got a solid mat of bahia grass so thick and deep that I can barely even mow it. All I could really do is take the top off and spray it. I'm gonna have to use herbicide to get the grass under control and create a more favorable situation for wildlife with more broadleafs and legumes...instead of a monoculture of bahia grass. It's probably gonna take me full year or maybe more to make that happen though with my equipment. I could correct the situation immediately with a turning plow but I don't have one or a tractor big enough to pull it. This would be done ONE TIME for the purposes of correcting the issue I'm dealing with.

Last edited by CNC; 10/08/18 08:15 AM.

We dont rent pigs