Lawsy honey, I don't have a recipe...I just start cooking and keep going till I think I got enuff stuff in there. Mine is primarily shredded meat with some veggies, just not a lot of em. I use lima beans or butter beans sometimes both, whole kernel corn, okra, tomatoes and potatoes but never overload the stew with them. I use lots of hot sauce, onions, garlic, celery and loads of spices. Rather than ketchup that lots of folks use, I use crushed tomatoes and sometimes a can of tomato paste if the taste needs it. My secret ingredients, that were given to me by an old friend or two are brown sugar, butter and molasses.

The stew above has beef roasts, chickens and pork loins in it...our venison is down to two tender loins and I was not about to put those in the stew!!!

Next time I make it, it might be totally different!! LOL!! Even so, the above ingredients are pretty much standard...

Last edited by Maggie123; 09/18/18 04:22 PM.

Be kind to one another and tell the ones you love that you love them often. We never know what tomorrow will bring.