Originally Posted by rocco_1995
Go buy permethrin concentrate and find the directions for mixing it up for clothes. Dip your clothes and let air dry. It will hold up for about 6 washings. Don’t use the dryer. This is the first year I’ve done it and I’ve nit had any ticks, chiggers, etc. I used the leftover dip in a spray bottle to refresher after a few washings

This^ but make sure you get the 10% martins permethrin its water based some of the other stuff will leave petroleum distillates and youll smell like kerosene. you mix 6.5 oz to one gallon water and dip pants and shirts in it wring out and let dry. once it dries its bonded to the fiber and wont absorb thru the skin. same thing the military treats clothes with. i started doing it a few years ago and went from getting a couple ticks a day to zero in 2 years and i only treat my pants. its also odor free once dry.its also the same active ingredient thats in the sawyer spray but a whole lot cheaper a $10bottle will make several gallons and a gallon will treat 3 sets of clothing tops and pants. i water down whats left over and pour it on the dogs bellies for fleas also. they havent had a flee in as long as i can remember.

Last edited by GKelly; 09/03/18 10:48 PM.