Fishing the rigs about 20 miles south of Dixie bar on a pretty calm day. We hopped out to another cap about 2 miles further south and there is a beat to crap 16-17ft fiberglass river type skiff with 2 black guys in it and the cowling off of a 40 hp tiller drive Force outboard with them up to their elbows in grease working on it. Thought oh great, we will end up having to tow these stupid jokers back in. Well we started fishing and they continued to work on that motor for about 20 more minutes trying to get it cranked. They finally got it cranked and it sounded like it was only running on 1 cyl and was missing incredibly bad. To my disbelief, knowing they have serious motor problems, instead of going back toward shore, they point that little dink of a boat south toward the next rig on the horizon and started putting toward it at what couldnt have been more than 3 mph. They may have died out there for all I know. The last time I saw them they were creeping their way southwest heading toward Mexico.

Cobia fishing one day, saw a really big Mako swimming up shallow, just outside the second bar, just east of the Navarre pier and that big joker was carrying an 80-100lb tarpon sideways in his mouth like a dog would carry a bone.

Caught an 70lb cobia out from under a king sized mattress and box spring set that we ran up on and found floating a couple miles south of Mirimar Beach. How a full bed set ended up in the gulf and why it hadnt already sunk to the bottom, I'll never know. That cobia was sitting in the shade and would just poke his head out one side or the other. I finally got an eel to swim far enough under there to get his attention.

Last edited by abolt300; 08/17/18 11:49 AM.