Despite what may be presented, these changes are being pushed from somewhere besides the CAB. It can only be the department. There were 4 CAB members that voted against the limit reduction, I have talked to them all and they seem steady against changes without biological evidence to support it. Ben Stimson and Raymond Jones are solid guys with good sense and biological knowledge. I believe Pat Cagle is for science supported recommendations also. That science does not include computer models to tell us how to set regulations! I think Grady Hartzog is also thinking practically. Many of you may know Tim Woods from Selma. He was just appointed and is also a solid guy with good sense. If we can keep these 5 guys from voting against changing limits and season dates, we should be able to hold the line. I would also note that they are all heavily involved with the Alabama Wildlife Federation and get sound information from folks there. I would recommend contacting them by phone, email, and/or letters and voicing your opinion whatever it may be.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine