GK, how do you know that the unit was not hooked up correctly to start with and the homeowner did not kick the pump and tear the wire loose from the unit while moving something around. If he's dumb enough to not know that the condensate pump needed to be plugged in and running then he'd also be dumb enough to not notice that the wire was pulled loose. No telling, maybe he did it on purpose to strengthen his overall case since he evidently has other issues with the house according to Straycat, and this is just part of a larger claim. And dont get me wrong, I absolutely know that there are ton of crappy half azzed contractors and subs around that just want to build it as quick and cheap as possible and get on to the next one. I know in FL that our bldg inspectors specifically check stuff like this, especially on the mechanical and electrical, when you call for final inspection and prior to issuing the CO on the house. Granted a bunch of them can get complacent and will just trust the subs or GC on a lot of stuff like that if they know you and you have a good reputation but I can assure you if they saw that, it would have been written up and had to be fixed prior to CO. I know that Bama is not nearly as strict with regard to code and GC licensing as Fl and I don't build in Bama but I'd assume that in Alabama you'd at least have to have a final inspection from the local building dept prior to getting the CO on the house.

Last edited by abolt300; 07/19/18 11:16 AM.