We were there in spring 2017 house-sitting for friends who live north of the Bay. Wife and I went into the city twice, once one evening to eat and walk around down around the wharf. Another to visit Chinatown. We stayned north of the bay visiting the coast and wine towns the rest of the time.

I never want to return to San Francisco. I love traveling, love seeing new things and visiting places. That place is a hellhole, though, and a Third World crisis waiting to happen. The homeless situation combined with the liberal mentality is wreaking havoc on them. If they have an earthquake that significantly impacts the city's infrastructure - power, water, sewage, road/rail - it will devolve into chaos. Not as bad as New Orleans and Katrina, but it would still be chaos.

And the problem is the SF residents there obviously don't care. They keep electing civic leaders who can't or won't do anything. They invite and welcome the homeless and illegal aliens, and then tell everyone who says they're going to have problems that they're heartless racists. This is what they get.

North of the Bay, BTW, is crowded but nice. Get about an hour or 90 minutes north into wine country or along the coast and it's great.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020