When I was a starving college student, me and a couple buddies were riding around in Talladega National Forest one night just cruising around. We headed back to the crib and there was a very alive doe laying in the ditch with both her back legs broken. We drove back to my trailer, I grabbed my bow and we drove back to the deer. Probably 15 minutes round trip. We pulled up and I shot the deer. Got back to the trailer, hung her on the skinning rack, got out the good meat and went in to cook breakfast. I fried some of the tenderloin. It was so tough that you couldn't chew it. Really, teeth wouldn't penetrate it. I guess her adrenaline was pumping and she'd laid there trying to run off for no telling how long. So, I lost a whole nights sleep and still had no meat in the freezer. My first and last experience with closest thing to road kill.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14