Originally Posted by Narrow Gap
Originally Posted by doekiller
Originally Posted by Narrow Gap
Anybody know what the rules are If You owned a suppressor before the law took effect? Are You grandfathered in And Do Not have to have a Tax stamp or Do You have to apply for a Tax stamp?

If you had a suppressor made before the law went into effect in 1934, then you had a certain length of time it register it for free and get a stamp. In other words, there was a grace period. However, there is not a chance you have a suppressor made before the law went into effect.
I think By Your Post You think I have a Suppressor. That is not what I said in My question if my wording was confusing. I would never own a Suppressor and Be subject to the NFA Rules/ Class 3 Of Be Subject To Big brother coming and taking a Look at My gun collection any time they want. Maybe I am wrong on The ATF being able to come an Inspect Your stuff if You are a Class 3 owner but that is My understanding of the Rules?

the ATF can not inspect you for owning NFA items anymore than they can inspect anyone else without a warrant. people confuse having NFA tax stamps with FFL licenses if you had an FFL they can inspect once per year randomly during listed business hours (they dont show up at 2am knockin on the door) once you have the tax stamp thats it they cant just show up and demand to look at something without a warrant. its basically no different than making any other legal gun purchase just a more drawn out background check.