I have so many funny stories about Donk. A friend who lived on Lake Eufaula had a backhoe that he needed Donk to work on. Donk got there and they talked about the backhoe for a minute and Donk asked him if you could see the lake from his place. My friend told him he could walk out on the dock and look at it. Donk walked out on the dock, whistled and said “and some folks say they ain’t a Jesus”. Never overreact to me that he had never seen Lake Eufaula. One last one, we had a football cookout at the Columbia city pool every year at the end of fall camp. Coach would grill and we would hang out and swim. Donk walked in wearing nothing but cut off pants with a towel around his neck. He walked right by us, tossed his towel on a chair and got on the diving board. We were all wondering what he was doing because no one thought he could swim. He ran and jumped in the pool and sank right to the bottom. Coach jumped in and got him out and said “damnit Donk what are you doing you don’t know how to swim”. Donk just looked at him and said “I didn’t know I couldn’t swim, I ain’t never tried”!

Robert going to Alabama was definitely the biggest thing to ever happen to their family. Their house was a shrine to Alabama football. Dang good old country people.

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred ****heads"
- Colonel Charlie Beckwith
Founder Delta Force