Kinda odd that small game hunters are complaining that they get less hunting time than deer hunters. I hunt WMAs and get less time in the woods due to weekday hunt scheduling. Not complaining just a fact. I just moved to Mobile from Meridian and from what I have been told by people I know is that the south of Hwy 84 hunting had no adverse effect on the herd. The commission also adjusted bow season back two weeks there to evenly distribute the amount of days between the districts. I was raised in the panhandle of Fl. and hunted S Alabama from Nims Fork to Blue Springs. In my personal opinion the herds have been mismanaged. They say buck to doe ratio is to high on certain management areas and have every scheduled dog and non dog hunt either sex. So when you kill 1500 deer on 19000 acres in less than six years the herd depletes somewhat. That's the accounted for deer killed. When they say no they mean we have no more for you to kill. If you want to hunt in Feb ya gotta call the car insurers to clear it through the commission.