Originally Posted by CNC
Originally Posted by hunterbuck

Kenny Smith. He was part of the deal that got Bama on NCAA probation around the turn of the century.

He ended up at Tennessee (and eventually UT Chattanooga), I think, but never played much...if at all.

North Jackson went on to a 14-1 record that year and won the 5A State Championship……..That one loss was to 4A Guntersville and is probably still one of the top 10 best games of all time at G'ville…..Not only were we playing the #1 team in the state in the next classification above us.....we had them scheduled for homecoming.....and we beat them in the final minutes of the game by driving the entire length of the field and converting two 4th downs on the final drive. We had great coaching......The coaching at G'ville now still stems from those days.....Coach Reece, the current coach, was our defensive coordinator back then. This was in the mid 90's
North Jackson has never won a 5A state championship. Only a 4A state championship and only once. The year after I graduated. 1993

"The only reason I shoot a 3.5" shell for turkeys is because they don't make a 4" one." - t123winters