Originally Posted by 2Dogs

Pretty sure NJ was 4A when they won the ship and had all those good teams every year in the 90s.

I had to go back and look…hell it's been nearly 25 years ago…...and you’re correct. They won the 4A Championship in 93’ my sophomore year. We beat them at their house that year to give them the one loss…..My junior year was when we had them scheduled for homecoming with them being the defending state champs. That was what was made out to be the big deal I remember. Who plays the defending state champs for homecoming??? They went to 5A that year and it seems like were still ranked pretty high when we played them…..They came into our house to revenge the one loss from the year before and we beat them again that year on the final drive.

They were pissed at us after that and purposely scheduled us for their homecoming for my senior year. They had a linebacker move in from Cleburne Co to play his last year of ball there that was rated as one of or maybe the best LB in the state. I don’t recall his name but he was committed to play for Bama up until I believe he stabbed somebody or something stupid along those line. He was a beast too. Something like 6’3” 240 playing LB in high school…….I played RB that year and him and the SS , that was also going to play Div I ball, just teed off my arse all night long. They beat us down that night.

We dont rent pigs