It's never really about education. That's the bullchit the NCAA sells and some in the public believe.

What would it have benefitted "the game" if someone like Carmelo Anthony had stayed four years? Or this Deandre whatever at Arizona who was the top NBA pick last week? Or Sexton? Nothing, to be honest.

If I've completed my college freshman or sophomore year as a computer coding engineer and get an offer from Google or Apple to make $850,000 or more a year, should I stay in college? I may be on an academic scholarship - just like an athlete being on scholly - and I have a chance to improve my life. I may not believe two or three more years of college will do anything to help me other than taking away two or three financially productive years from my career.

IMO there's no difference. I don't get wrapped up in this "sancity of the college life" stuff, either. When it comes to athletics, it's a business. All the top players flocking to Tuscaloosa to play for Saban or Columbus or Austin aren't doing it for Good Ol' State U. They're doing it as a business move strictly to try to win a championship and get to the NFL, if they have that talent. Basketball's no different. Neither is baseball.

Last edited by Clem; 06/24/18 03:44 PM.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020