Originally Posted by sdw
I think the video above just reinforces the fact that them plastic guns are trash. If my gun jammed up in under 5 minutes at the range and I had to replace parts, I'd be pissed. Then it jammed again a second time with the new parts added. In about 10 minutes time that fellers gun stopped working twice. Keep them plastic guns for the girls and children. wink

You do realize that guy put a few thousand rounds down range before each of the malfunctions, right? A 1911 would have had a failure before a thousand rounds of continuous fire. You wouldn’t have had to replace the guide rod, but it would have had to be stripped and cleaned. The Glock, once a stainless guide rod is installed, will keep going for thousands of rounds until the polymer lower heats up enough to jam the slide. No one is going to put that many rounds down range at one time, but I like to know that if I’m in a situation where my life depended on my pistol, that it won’t jam up because it got dirty. Like I said, I love 1911’s and used to despise Glocks. The fact of the matter is, Glocks are more dependable than 1911’s. I wasn’t a firearm instructor in the military, but I was a Gunners Mate and my job was working on guns. But honestly if the SHTF, I would probably have a single action revolver on my hip.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." Captain Woodrow F. Call

ShawBuilt Custom Bowstrings