Let’s give this gal some real advice.

With a 10 yr old you want to provide the easiest environment possible until he gets a little older.

I’m not much into summer plots unless you have extra money to blow and time. Start mineral licks and bait spots (corn) now. You’ll only have to add extra salt or minerals about once a year once it’s established. Corn feeders are best to meter the amount of corn put out daily. You can just dump a bag on the ground but it will be eatin in just s few days. Put out game cameras on your bait sites to get a good idea of what quality of Deer you have.

On the actual hunting spots for a 10 yr old, I suggest building a few shooting houses out of wood but you can use hunting blinds and leave them out all season. If you choose a blind, invest in a shooting stick or a Caldwell tripod gun rest. The good thing about a shooting house or a blind is you can invest in a propane heater and keep your kid warm on those frigid hunts.

Make sure you plant fall food plots. There are a variety of mixes. If you have big fields, I would suggest buying seed separate and mixing yourself. Wheat, oats, Austrian winter peas and red clover. If you have smaller fields, you can just buy the premixed stuff at any co-op or seed store. If you don’t have a tractor hire a local to prepare the plot for you. You can fertilize and sees yourself to save money or you can find someone to do it all. Plant in September (guessing for TN). In AL we can plant as late as earmark November. You just want to make sure the plot is up when it gets near your rut period which you can usually find on your state wildlife website, but only experience will show you when the rut happens on your property.

Good luck.