I think I’m about to pull up my coon traps up and call it a season. I’m gonna start putting down more yotes sets around my field now where I can check them without being so intrusive and see if I can snag a couple yotes. The problem is that they just don’t roam through my place very often for some reason. I rarely get one on camera or see them but I know there around. I hear them carrying on at night from time to time but they’re always across the road. Still though, I’ve got a big crop of cereal grain seed about to mature and it’s likely to draw in the rodents…..which may in turn bring in a few yotes. The other time I see them is when I have fruit coming ripe….especially native plums.

Gonna try something different with this one. It’s a brushpile set. I saw a guy on the internet place a dead coon carcass under the pile and use it that way. I just used a little skunky smelling lure on top and smear some Hiawatha Valley bait on a couple logs. I’ve got three traps set around the perimeter. It took a minute to put it in but it seems like it should be a sure fire catch if something tries to check it out. We'll see....just throwing something different at 'em....

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CNC; 05/01/18 03:42 PM.

We dont rent pigs