Originally Posted by Hogwild
So, let’s just lump everybody together and treat them all the same because some don’t know or care??

Here is a News Flash.....

Not all food plots are created equal!
I would say that MOST people have no idea what the pH of their soil is, plant annual seeds that are not very nutritious, the plants mature early providing little to nothing for game and were not properly fertilized so they don’t even produce a healthy seed crop.

So?
Should we make them illegal?

I would agree with the ph comment. The seed comment, not so much unless folks are going to the local bulk seed seller and getting it dumped in the back of the truck. I would believe most purchase seed from the local Co-Op in a pre-mixed bag blend that contains cool weather annuals and perennials, which provide nutritious browse through the winter and early spring. Fertilizer comment, I would agree with. However, if the "hunters" are not going to fertilize correctly are they going to be inconvenienced to take a day off from the the next immediate gratification endeavor to go buy feed, drive 1, 2, 3, 4 hours to fill up a feeder every couple of weeks??

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope