Originally Posted by Out back
Facts are just facts, and some people can't stand it.

There is a lot of truth in that Out back.

Unlike most of you here, I have received a hunter harvest survey. Not sure if I got one every year or not, but I know I've filled out 10 of them since relocating to AL in 2000. I am a forester, and at a continuing ed meeting one time, we had a biologist talk to the class about several issues, one of which was the hunter harvest surveys, and (at that time) the proposed Game Check system that was being postulated by the DNR. I should have asked how many of the surveys were mailed out each year, and what was the participation rate on them, but at the time, I could only think about the statistics. So, I asked them what kind of stats did they run on the numbers to come up with the estimated harvest. I suppose the field biologist didn't know, and he kinda blew it off to 'that was above his paygrade'.

You can do wonderful things with statistics to help validify data... but still, the old axiom, garbage in : garbage out holds true most of the time. Sounds kinda familiar, come to think of it. The GC seems to be producing the same questionable information.

You gonna pull them pistols, or whistle Dixie?