Originally Posted by Fun4all
"Alabama’s deer hunting regulations have been relatively lax for many years. For decades there was no season limit on the number of deer that a hunter could harvest, only a daily bag limit of one buck per day. It was only in recent years that the state limited hunters to three bucks per years."

Wow, just Wow!!!!! Amazing, absolutely amazing how incorrect via agenda this is!!

>>>>>>There was one buck per day with limited doe days (i.e. limit on does) with expanding and thriving deer numbers for decades!!!! Then under the brilliance of the DNCR and the "you can't kill enough does" trophy management crowd it became limited bucks (3 for those stupid hunters, yes verbalizing what Chuck is thinking) and 2 does per day for a few years then one doe per day all season and the once expanding and thriving deer herd tanks!!! Then Chuck blames the hunters for not hopping on his bandwagon of FORCED compliance so they can make up more laws, regulations, requirements and threatens the hunters!!! How does he justify his job???<<<<<<<

I think your last paragraph (I broke it up for you) hits the nail on the head.

Sykes doesn't accurately recount the history and fails to acknowledge the past mistakes that the DCNR made by having wide open doe killing (and the buck a day rule that has been corrected a long time ago).

And the DCNR certainly does not need a 100% accurate 100% participating GC to know that the DCNR made that terrible mistake. In the internet age and the Age of Aldeer (new phrase and acronym - AOA - Age of Aldeer) the DCNR KNOWS what is really going on with the deer herd in our state.

While I agreed with the 3 buck rule and still do, Sykes following statements makes absolutely no sense whatsoever:

“We’re estimating that 30 percent of the deer hunters are complying,” Sykes said. “But what if it turns out to be 70 percent and this is all the deer we’re killing. Then we’d need to cut the bag limit. But what we believe is that if we get the data, we can give hunters more.”

How in the heck does underreporting in GC have any logical relation to Sykes' above statement about the bag limit???

What logic is it that if the 70% of the hunters report their kills to GC that " THEN we'd NEED to *cut* the bag limit." ????
Logic would dictate the opposite conclusion - increased bag limits not reduced limits as that would be proof that the actual harvest numbers are way way less then ever estimated in the past.

Or the statement that " IF we get the {real} data {then} we can give hunters more {bag limits}" ???

>>Both of those statements make no logical sense whatsoever.
And the first one contradicts the second one in terms of reasoning - in the first he says a higher reporting would mean reduced bag limits and in the second statement he says increased reporting would mean higher bag limits.

As others have said it seems to me that Sykes takes this whole thing entirely personal and he clearly has a one man dictator mentality, and he cannot see the mistakes that he is making or the past ones that the DCNR made.

And because of this, I will have to restore to a part of my avatar that Sykes has a dictator mentality like Vladimir Putin. laugh

Yeah, I tried to be kind and deleted it awhile back, but now it is coming back.

Also, if this guy is thinking that ordering gamewardens to do a bunch of road blocks around the state or "staking out" deer processors (good grief) is going to solve his personal problem then he is a total nut job. And Troy is right, there is going to be a ton of lawsuits filed over that.

Last edited by WmHunter; 04/23/18 02:24 PM.

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

" Chuck Sykes is a dictator control freak like Vladimir Putin " WmHunter