Originally Posted by Clem
I saw this Saturday and that AHSAA wants to make it available to everyone, which made me think "How is a school in a struggling system that can't pay for updated books and equipment going to handle an instant replay system?"

Perhaps "make it available" means "If you have the money and want to license it, learn to use it and employ it, then it'll be available to you." I can't see someone like Notasulga or Aliceville or Skyline or other small and/or financially struggling schools doing this.

I saw where the same company(something dvs?) that does it for the nzaa is doing it for ahsaa. When they allowed electronics on the sidelines, there are instances where they could have been used for IR...but i'm not seeing how any high school (even the hoovah's) will be able to run enough cameras, and shoot the game like live televised, to make it work? Most schools run 2 cams...pressbox shot and endzone shot. The box shot is wide view and most end zones shoot tackle to tackle. There are a few instances that would be caught, but I don't see a bunch of them.

The harder I practice, the luckier I get.