Originally Posted by deadeye48
Originally Posted by jawbone
Since you corners like to throw out that a pile of corn is the same thing as a greenfield, I have to ask, how much cover does a pile of corn provide for quail, rabbits, and turkey poults? All of them need the cover for protection and the quail and turkey poults need the protein from the insects found in spring time food plots. How long do you think it will take hawks and owls to start perching above corn feeders and picking off all the small game attracted to them?

Take up your food plots and greenfield are the same shucks with the biologists. See if they feel that way too.

It’d be nice if the owls would pick off the coons and possums coming to the feeders. Too bad we don’t have a predator that do that for the hogs
grin

We had a couple of Bald Eagle roost and raise babies every year for about 10 years in the same nest that was fairly close to a food plot. It just seemed like every time I saw a coon while watching the plot they were as wide open as they could get crossing the plot. I guessed it was because of the eagles but one of the biologists that work down there said that wasn't the reason because a coon is too ornery for an eagle to want to mess with.

Maybe we need some pterodactyls for the hogs.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.