Wow..I dont bait deer but I know there is freaking corn everywhere in Alabama with the STUPID law as it is. Heck there was corn everywhere before the stupid supplemental feeding law even. Ive heard feeders since Ive hunted in Bama going off across property lines.

A TON of folks bait in Bama...and they always will.

My feeling is if people want to bait they will. Whether it is legalized, illegal or DISGUISED as "supplemental feeding".

Why are you so against it? If some folks want to do it..let them. I could care freaking less.

Personally I think it is a waste of time and money. How do I know? I hunt where baiting is LEGAL..in KY and we have NEVER killed a good deer there in freaking corn. We put out some corn last year in KY ... But all that use it during daylight hours after the opener of ARCHERY is Does. And even they only use it JUST before dark and are skittish as a cat on a hot tin roof around it.

IT IS NO MAGIC SILVER BULLET.

I hunt Texas,..they bait. I hunt Ohio..they bait. I hunt Wisconsin..they bait. I hunt Kansas..they bait. I hunt Florida..they bait...I hunt NH, they bait , Maine...bait......the list goes on and on. I have NEVER killed a deer over bait in any of those states either. WHY? because big bucks dont get big by being stupid. They know it is not natural and avoid it during daylight hours.

Either make it legal or ILLEGAl...meaning no dam corn out period. The law as it stands is a joke.

By the way...if you dont LIKE doing something..well then..DONT DO IT. Thats how I view things. I dont like baiting or even supplemental feeding during the season..so I DONT DO IT. It is my choice.

But trying to belittle those that do, call them names and rally against other folks that do like it, is a page right out of liberals handbook.

THE LIBERALS dont LIKE GUNS..so noone should be able to have them! Lets label THEM too! They are right wing radicals..clinging to their guns. Gun Nuts!

The LIBERALS dont like baiting bears in New England etc. Should that be illegal too? They sure spend alot of time and money trying to make it illegal.

YOU dont like bait..so noone should be able to use it! I know..lets LABEL them! They are Master baiters....cheating the system. Evil supplemental feeders. Scourge of the hunting community!

Same logic and approach to me. Id rather go by "to each his own".

It was the same with X bows...some folks are dead set against it...so NOONE should be able to use them. They WERE illegal in many states..still are in some. BUT GUESS WHAT? Some people NEED to use them.

Ive archery hunted since I was 13 with a Fred Bear long bow and a Fred bear recurve. Then went to a compound bow at around 22 yo.

Now , Im older. Ive torn my rotator cuff part way thru last archery season and CANNOT shoot my bows anymore. I HAVE to use a CROSSBOW now. Do I like having to..NO. But it sure is better then NOT hunting!

Well a lot of traditional archers DONT LIKE COMPOUND bows. Think your lame if you use one.
Using your logic..should they be illegal? Should Xbows be illegal if YOU dont like them as well?

Some people are against FOOD PLOTS! Well..I guess they need to rally and make them ILLEGAL too...nothing but dam bait anyway they say.

I have an idea...let people hunt the way THEY want to..not the way YOU want to. Thats how I view everything. Im not the authority or regulator of others actions. I COULD CARE LESS.

People need to just do their thing and let others do theirs IMO.

One thing for sure..the 100 yards , out of line of site law is a freaking joke. Too ambiguous and up to each wardens "discretion or interpretation".

Id rather they pass it, make it legal and the dam wardens can do some real work..catching dam poachers...not ranging peoples "piles" to see if it is over 100 yards.

We dont have enough wardens to police that BS law as it is. Make it legal, and free them up for Road hunters, spotlighters, nighthunters, trespassers, etc.

Hunters need to stick together,...not act like crying liberals over everything THEY dont agree with and try to rally to make it ILLEGAL. We are truly our own worse enemies with all the bickering over gear, bait, food plots, X bows, non traditional archery gear, corn piles, etc.

Again thats my opinion...but the liberal approach of EVERYONE has to do things the way I LIKE TO is ridiculous. Again, to each his own. We have enough dam rules and regulations already.

It is funny to me that so many "self professed Less government Conservatives" are on here crying for more govt intrusion..instead of LESS. SMDH.

Rant over.

Last edited by outdoorobsession; 03/21/18 10:39 AM.