Originally Posted by Maggie123

Why is it you think your tomatoes give you fits? Do you have enough holes in the bottom so they don't keep wet feet? Just wondering.

I don't put holes in the bottom. I couldn't keep enough water on them during the summer when I did that. I have one 1/2" hole in the side 3" from the bottom, I fill the bottom 3" of the bucket with rocks. I plant on top of the rocks and the roots grow down into the rocks. When I water, once it comes out the hole I stop watering. I let the plants tell me when to water (they do lie sometimes though). Problem I have is I don't get many tomatoes. Get a pile of them growing but don`t seem to "harvest" many. Last year somebody on here told me to put Epsom salt on them and it did help for sure. This year I put Epsom salt in the hole when I planted and mixed some in the dirt as well. And then there are the damn worms! I`m going to have to be more vigilant spraying and watching for them. I always have peppers and cucumbers coming out my ears, just trying to figure out the maters.

In your darkest hour when the demons come, call on me brother and we'll fight them together.