Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
Originally Posted by Booger
I believe before Jesus died and was resurrected people had to live by the laws set forth in the Old Testament. There were lots of them and it felt more like a "religion" I'm sure. When Christ came to this earth and died for our sins then the law was done away with and we were allowed to have not just a religion but a relationship with the Father, if we accepted Christ as our savior.

When Jesus was alive there was no christianity. It hadnt been formed yet because he...Christ was still alive. Jesus was a Jew. He read the Quran and prayed to the Jewish church. Thats a fact

That's right. Kind of. He didn't pray to the Jewish church, but he did pray to His Father. Christ(speaking of Peter) said that, "Upon this rock I will build my church." A lot of scholars believe that Peter's belief in Christ and his ultimate salvation through Christ's death and resurrection to be the foundation of the "church". The "church" consists of ALL believers in Christ. The church on the street corners around us are due to the evolution of meetings among Christians.

GO NOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!