Originally Posted by AU7MM08
I just don't get why the Vegan group thinks they would get any return on investment from a NASCAR sponsorship, maybe they did it just to say they did?

This was my first thought. I'm sure they believe they will get some television time (they did, obviously) with the female driver and attention that goes with her being out there.

But to what end? This would be like the pro rodeo tour buying a booth at the vegan healthy living expo. Or NASCAR or Pro Bull Riding or a camouflauge company buying commercial time on HGTV or "Project Runway."

Doesn't make sense. Even if the vegan company-site gets TV time, what NASCAR or auto racing fan is going to go to it? Just seems weird.

However, at some point over the length of the ARCA and racing season, some of the bigger media outlets will probably write about them or put them on the TV-web. The PR people for the vegan driver is no doubt furiously pitching her to big news media - not the sports writers, but the feature-lifestyle-news writers and producers as the "new wave of drivers."

And some will bite, and report on her and give the vegan site some inclusion, and thus they will have the PR win. Bigger picture.

Last edited by Clem; 02/13/18 04:36 PM.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020