Originally Posted by RobertD

Art Powers from Selma came and found a deer for us Saturday (the 2nd deer in 2 days for our club) and he had one of those HiPoint .45 Carbines I've seen you mention before. On the Saturday track he had another guy with him (Scott Stevens from Spanish Fort) and Scott carried a .20 gauge and was shooting slugs. Art had two dogs of breeding I wasn't familiar with but Scott had what looked like the union of a dachsund and a Scottish Terrier. He called it a tracking Tenner (?). It was an extremely cool looking little dog.

What I found funny was that after the recovery, all three dogs got really possessive of the deer. They weren't super happy about my son handling it but they couldn't stand for one of the other dogs to get close. Was kind of funny actually. May have been the first time all three had worked the same track. Have Otis and Shelby ever had jealousy over a deer like that?

Art and Scott's dogs did a great job on two hard tracks and I could not recommend them more. There's a video on Facebook where my son John had to wade the creek to get his buck out. We trailed probably 800 yes through tall timber but full of briers. By the Grace of God, where they bayed the deer up was only about 100 yes down the creek to the power line we were hunting. If we'd of had to drag him back the way we went in it would have killed me for sure.

Great stories Harold. Thanks for what you do.

I like Art….he’s a good guy. We talk on the phone from time to time and always see one another at the tracking events. I’ve never seen his dogs work but from the stories everyone tells….he’s obviously a really good tracker with good dogs too. thumbup

Otis and Shelby have never been possessive like that up to this point. I think they both see the possession of the deer belonging to me as the pack leader. It may change as they get older but they’ve never really shown aggression toward one another period. They both have a pretty docile personality.

Last edited by CNC; 02/11/18 11:02 AM.

We dont rent pigs