I went back in. Just got out. Looked for a solid 2.5 hours. Game warden on arsenal helped me search. No luck. Searched a grid up to 400 yards out. I was hunting about 75 yds off a creek in a flat bottom area. Creek on west side and a ridge on east side. Flat is only about 175 yds wide where I shot, but opens up more towards south. The creek is running north to south and wraps back to the east and pinches up to the ridge. Gets really steep there. The creek crosses the deers path (headed south) about 250 yards out. My guess is that he crossed that creek somewhere. Water was low last night, but way up today from rain. The area across the creek is closed. I searched all over that flat bottom and ridge up to a field there on the southeast side, which is where I first saw him a month back. He was headed more towards that southeast ridge side than the creek. That was the direction he came in. Wind was from ESE too.

Definitely second guessing that shot. Maybe I should have been more patient. He crossed on my right at 25 yrds and quartering slightly towards me. He was even with or maybe slightly back from my right. He probably would have crossed in front of me at 25 or 30 yrds with a better quartering away shot along that path. Wind was perfect to sit on it for a minute. My biggest concern though was getting a clean shot. There was a lot of thick stuff to get in the way on front right. With all that said, I still had a good angle and open lane. He was only quartering slightly. My aim was tight to that shoulder, but its all a blur LOL. Barely remember anchoring properly. Appreciate the responses.