I think folks can always find something to be upset about or an excuse as to why they don't have the ability to kill a deer and if something does something different than they do, it has to be wrong and that has to be the problem.

Let me start by assuring you all I'm not a dog hunter for deer, I have done it some and have enjoyed it but prefer stalk hunting. I have however hunted in a dog hunting club for years because that's pretty much the only option that I had but since I almost always hunted with my oldest son who was 5 at the time i joined the club, I never hunted with everyone else on dog drives. Steven and I would go get in a shooting house on a greenfield. Same property that everyone else hunted with dogs and even at the same time on weekends and we saw deer, killed deer off the field. Shot a nice buck about 60 seconds after the dogs chased a doe through our field one morning as he slipped around to avoid the dogs. Had deer come out and eat between dog drives.
Deer don't leave the planet after dogs chase them and it don't make you a better hunter to cry about how other people hunt or blame the world around you because you don't kill a deer every trip.
I think the sport would be better if we could take the whiners rights away because that's who'd divides and destroys the sport

Just because a dog comes through your place doesn't mean it was malicious intent. I think every measure should be taken to try to avoid it but if it happened and a 180 inch deer was in front of them and you killed it, would you still be pissed

Last edited by hoggin; 02/03/18 08:14 AM.