I haven't posted much lately, but it's a milestone (Sort of) today because my plumbing is getting started today. My buddy Skipper that acts as a contractor for a bunch of cabin projects up there has a fellow available who is a cabinet maker, carpenter, plumber and electrician. And if Skipper's happy with his work then I'm sure I will be too.

He came over last Saturday and we discussed plans for the plumbing and we planned everything out, marked where all the drain pipes will go and he also completely went over my and Mrs. Irish's rough in electrical work and pronounced it all good! Whew! grin

So today he and his helper got started on the drain piping and vent piping, basically everything that's going to be PVC. Mrs. Irish and I will probably tackle the PEX plumbing ourselves, but may let him do it depending on how many hours it takes him and how good of a job he does. He seems like a pretty good tradesman. We'll see...

I had to grab a tub/shower from somewhere and who knew that Tractor Supply carried those! grin

I had to text a pic for Mrs. Irish's approval...

[Linked Image]

Here's the final location. I will be insulating the bottom 2/3rds of the tub and building a platform all the way around it about 2/3rds of the way up so she can set fancy soaps, candles and what-nots on there. It will be finished off kind of like a cabinet.

[Linked Image]

This is kind of what we're going for in the upstairs bathroom...

[Linked Image]

The other big development is that WE NOW HAVE RUNNING WATER! No more rain water collection and I don't have to worry about spending thousands to drill a well only to find out the water has iron in it. I got the plumber to go ahead a plum this freeze proof spigot outside and of course the water is run under the house into the crawl space ready to be plumbed for indoor plumbing. This is a huge deal for us not only to have the running water, but our property values have gone up tremendously because of this. Construction is still underway for a large portion of the surrounding mountain and canyon properties, bu we were one of the first ones to get ours.

I built a box around it and pit in some crushed stone so I would be standing in mud every time I got some water or hooked up a hose.

[Linked Image]