There wasn’t a whole lot to the second track. The hunter reported that a really good buck had chased a doe through some hardwoods he was hunting this morning. The buck stopped for a moment with his front shoulder and head sticking out behind a tree on a quartering to shot. He said the buck mule kicked after the shot but he couldn’t find any blood or hair. We tracked the deer for about 600 yards before the track went hot and Otis started chasing. The buck never even checked up. We never found any blood either. We eventually just called it off after close to a mile. It was odd to hear of one mule kicking without being hit hard. I’m still wondering what happened on that one.

The last call was on a buck that was shot yesterday evening from about 300 yards away....long shot. The hunter said he had tracked a lot of blood for about 400 yards and had just lost it. He didn’t report finding any bone but this one reminded me of a leg hit. We pushed the track on for another 300-400 yards past where the hunter lost it and came upon a tree top where the deer had bedded down….still putting out a decent bit of blood here and there the whole way. Otis circled the tree top several time and finally took the track off again. About 20 yards from the bed he jumped over a big log. As I followed behind him I noticed about two big handfuls of white hair just past the log. We followed the track another 150 -200 yards where it crossed the dirt road. The hunter said they didn’t have a good relationship with those folks so that was as far as we could go.

The pile of white hair was a little more evidence in my mind though of yotes getting after these leg hits and other severe wounds and finishing the deer off. I’m almost certain that yotes tracked that deer to its bed and attacked it as it jumped up and bayed. If we could have followed it far enough, I’m betting we would have found where they eventually took it down. It was hit pretty hard.

Last edited by CNC; 01/20/18 03:47 PM.

We dont rent pigs