Matt laid it out pretty good. Jake the snake you should just leave the it then if you hate it so bad. You can't base deer numbers against permit numbers. Most folk that hunt there will let alot of deer walk because of the terrain,it's steep,and ruff . Don't use your poor hunting skills as an excuse for not seeing deer learn to hunt the place if you want to see deer, I'm still learning it my self something new every time I'm there but usually see a a deer or two every time I'm out there. I only hunt the WMA not the national forest.

Seen two bucks after thanksgiving with in 45 mins of one another. And shot the second one. Last year I seen a few spikes and a 6 point and several does. I know folk that hunt there and have been for years and they drag some good deer out every year either from forest land or WMA over there. Point is just because you can't see deer over there doesn't mean there is no deer there. With almost 200k acres to cover the only way you'd see more number vs permits is if was so crowded you could stir them with a stick. And thats why most people hunt there for the space/per hunter. If you like bumping shoulders with hunters in the next tree and watching them walking around or in on you go some where else like Sam r was this last time I was down there