I own several blinds and use them mainly in rainy weather. I seldom hunt with someone else right beside me, and I've yet to find one that I thought was too small for me. Most of them are far bigger than needed for one person to sit. I also have a couple of the chair blinds and will usually use one of them if I plan to hunt out of it the day I put it out. They have a much smaller profile than a blind and it's easier to hide them.

I've got several of the Ameristep blinds and think they are a good value. I think the one pictures above is not a Doghouse, but an Outhouse, but I could be wrong. A Doghouse uses fiberglass poles, but the Outhouse does not. They fold up the same way. When I first bought one I set it up in the yard and then tried to follow their directions on how to fold it. Pretty sure someone in China who knew little English wrote the directions, and I could not figure them out. I went on YouTube and typed in the blind model and they had a video of a young man in China folding one up in a parking lot. It's a 30 second job once you understand how to do it.

I've got some Ameristep blinds that are 7 or 8 years old and still in good shape. I did have to throw one away last year because I had loaned it out to so many people who didn't know how to fold it and it was eventually ruined. I have never paid over $50 for one; always caught them on sale somewhere.

Good luck with your blind.

Last edited by poorcountrypreacher; 01/09/18 12:02 PM.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.