Well consider this as food for thought. If your main game is whitetail you are shooting at something that just isn't that big an animal in the overall scheme of things. The larger jacketed bullets don't expand as much shooting at a Whitetail. So if you go with a .358 Norma pay close attention to what bullet you want to shoot, the velocity and consider the advantages over chambering for something else in the same family.

After a whole lot of shooting and playing around with this stuff what I settled on is a 200grain Hornady FTX out of a .358 which provides almost immediate expansion but enough bullet weight to ensure a complete pass through on a whitetail. It can usually see the blood spray out the other side on the bushes or ground when they are hit it is pretty impressive.

If you stick with a .350 Rem Mag you can always load it down to something like... let's say .358 levels, but you can't load the .358 up to the .350 velocity levels. That's with the heavier bullets. You can kill a Moose with either. So think about at what point do you need the extra power. That's a personal decision and no wrong answer there.

That would put me more in the .350 camp if I were to build a long action rifle instead of the .358 Norma.

There is always something bigger, heavier and faster. But you can kill a charging Griz with a 45-70. It's just slow.

I like the 35's they are kinda like a bush gun that in reality is NOT a "brush gun" at all they are very powerful cartidges that lie within almost any other cartridge's max point blank range. They are a set your scope and forget it 300 yard killing machines on anything from Whitetails to Moose. There's something to that in my opinion that got overlooked decades ago when everyone started on the Magnum Mania bandwagon.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.