Originally Posted By: hosscat
I noticed a decline in population numbers around my house and I decided (without any government intervention) to do something about it. I stopped shooting so many deer. I have not killed a doe in at least 5 years, and I am finally seeing the benefits. It took several years to see any improvements. But I can honestly say this year I see a noticeable improvement.

So take it upon yourself. You can't change what your neighbor is doing, but really and truly you never can and never will.

I have done the same thing on the 100 acres I live on. I have only killed 1 deer an 8 point in 15 years off that piece of property, but due to surrounding circumstances ( small tracts of land with desire to manage) the hunting has gotten no better. Now on my 1500 acre leas twenty minutes away the same management plan of severely limiting doe harvest is slowly starting to pay off. My point is the small landowners without the intervention of Government regulation is at the mercy of the surrounding property owners mentality.

Life is too short to be small !!

http://crshuntingclub.webs.com/