I know that I'm in the minority, but if it meant having better chances to see more and better deer, then I am in favor of continuing to look at changing our hunting rules/regs and shortening season length in areas where it might be deemed beneficial.

I do realize there are a large number of hunters on this forum and in this state who would prefer to have fewer rules/regs, enjoy the liberal season length, even if it means seeing fewer deer and fewer quality bucks.

The one point that absolutely cannot be argued in regard to other states that have more regulations and shorter seasons is the great majority of them have substantially better deer hunting than Alabama.

So the question to be answered is - Why? Is it because those states have better deer genetics/habitat, or is it because they have better biologists and conservationists who manage the deer herd properly?

What about Tennessee's habitat is so vastly different from Alabama? The deer hunting is hands down better in that state than here. Why so?

Last edited by NWALJM; 12/28/17 05:22 AM.