Originally Posted By: General
The bottom line is that the championship game should be played by the two best teams and LSU and Alabama are clearly the two beat teams. I understand Bama had their chance but when all the dust has settled they are still considerably better than whoever you think is number 3.

Funny thing with all of the politicing going on there is a chance we will never know if Alabama is number 3 or lower. Good reason for a playoff system. I still think LSU should be awarded the SEC champs and Alabama and Georgia play for the consolation prize of almost good enough, instead of a one loss team getting a short cut to play the conference champion. After all there is a reason there are conferences and conference champions.

If Alabama and LSU do play for the BCS NC, I could see a mutiny happening with the other BCS conferences, so you may see another conference get thrown a bone and Alabama bypassed.

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope