The water thing is kind of short maceration. I first did and still do because sometimes after I get them skinned out I don't have time for the simmer process so instead of letting them sit around and the meat getting hard to remove or refreezing them I just put them in water. After they sit in water the bacteria begins to break down the remaining tissue/meat making it much easier to remove. Usually most of it will spray of with a water hose. I never use a pressure washer because it could blow the little bones on the front of the skull across the yard and if you aren't careful it can cut into the bone. After I get as much meat of as possible with the hose then it is simmered which gets anything left off. I let them dry completely and see if they stink...if they do then I simmer them again and check the brain cavity good to make sure I didn't miss anything in there. If they are non-stinky then I whiten them with 20%-30% by volume peroxide from a beauty supply store. Wash them off good and let them dry. Seal them with satin acrylic and mount on a plaque.

"I'm not near as critical about how big they are as I once was. Smiles are more important now! We will grow more deer."
Jimmy G.