I will begin this by saying my recipe comes from my maternal Grandmother and it has been altered slightly over the years with ingredients changing. There is more than one way to skin a cat and there is more than one way to make a cathead biscuit but the following is my way.

First of all you will need these ingredients: Pre-sifted self rising flour, oil and milk. Sweet milk and buttermilk both work equally as well with this recipe, so take your pick. I use extra virgin olive oil because that is the type of oil I use. Originally the recipe called for crisco, but I have not used that in many years. You can use whatever you choose and some people even cut in butter for the oil. Roughly 2 cups of flour, 1/3 cup of oil and start with about a cup of milk...note these measurements are not precise. The oil is your binding agent and that is all you want it to do...hold your dough together.

First step, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.

Pull out a cast iron skillet - I use a 12 inch that has been passed down for three generations! Grease it up and once your oven is at temp, you will put the skillet in the oven to preheat too.

Make sure you have all of your ingredients gathered along with a large mixing bowl.

Start by measuring your pre-sifted flour into the bowl.

Make a small well in the middle of your flour and add your oil.

continued...we will do this in stages due to the photos.

Be kind to one another and tell the ones you love that you love them often. We never know what tomorrow will bring.